Cricket news; South Australian under investigation for Covid breach in Adelaide

The South Australian Cricket Association (SACA) is investigating the behaviour of several players after they were evicted from an Adelaide nightclub for allegedly breaching Covid-19 health orders, including dancing.

Following the conclusion of their Sheffield Shield clash with Queensland on Monday, Redbacks players were asked to leave amid reports of bad behaviour.

SA Police has confirmed 10 men were ordered to leave the Cry Baby nightclub in the early hours of Tuesday morning after reports of a “disturbance”, police said in a statement.

No formal complaints were made, nor were there any arrests, but SACA confirmed it was looking into the matter.

Watch Live Coverage of the 21/22 Marsh One-Day Cup Live & Free on Kayo Freebies. No Credit Card. No Brainer. Join Now

“SACA has been made aware of an allegation that several Redback players were asked to leave a city venue following concerns about their behaviour,” the organisation said in a statement.

“While SACA has not received a formal complaint from any party, the details and circumstances surrounding the allegations are currently being investigated.

“As an organisation SACA is committed to maintaining the highest standards of behaviour both on and off the field and expects all its personnel to adhere to current Covid-19 restrictions in the interest of community safety.”

The players were also reportedly dancing in the bar. Dancing is banned in South Australian public venues.

South Australia has won just a single game, a one-day win last week, in 20 months since February 2020.

There are no further games yet scheduled for the Redbacks as Cricket Australia continues to navigate changing border restrictions.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *